Who can take these Girl Guides of Canada trainings???
|Building Unit Guider Skills||X||X||X||X||X|
|All About Your Branch||X||X||X||X||X|
|About the Girl||X||X||X||X||X|
|Programming for the Girl||X||X||X||X||X|
|Putting the Pieces together||X||X||X||X||X|
|Communicating with Girls||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Leading Active Games||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Bias Awareness and Equity||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|And Many More…||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
Communicating with Girls
- Introduces Guiders to effective communication skills and techniques that are helpful in the Unit.
- Provides opportunities to practice effective and age-appropriate communication.
This training covers these topics:
- Explain how effective and respectful communication relates to all age groups
- Understand various communication issues
- Through games and activities, practice overcoming these issues
- Demonstrate how pre-conceived ideas can affect communication
- Demonstrate effective ways to handle various communication situations within your unit
- Thinking about Communication, including demonstrating how to effectively communicate in various situations
- Practicing Communication, including various communication issues
- Development of Communication, Identify age-specific characteristics related to communication
For all Guiders:
Please take a moment to follow this link and complete a short survey to help the Training Committee to better serve your needs. Your feedback is very important and valuable. Thank you!
- Sat, April 14 – 9am to 11am – Spend some time with Dazzling company! Spark Guider networking over coffee or tea about the subjects YOU want to talkabout. Please leave suggestions in the comments section at the bottom of the form, indicating Spark.
- Thurs, May 3 – Guiding and the Promise & Law: Participants will explore what the P + L mean to them, how to use P + L activities in their units, and how they can pass on the message of the P + L.
- Wed, May 23 – Training Open House. Area office. 7-8pm. Come and see what Training is all about! Ask your questions, pose your ideas, eat some snacks!
- Sat, June 9 -Food Safe. 8:30am-4:30pm. Area office.
Save the date: (Please note: some dates are tentative)
- June 4, 5, or 6 Transition training for those who are moving from their current Branch to Brownies. Choose from multiple dates.
- Jun 13, 18, or 19 Transition training for those who are moving from their current Branch to Guides. Choose from multiple dates.
- Sept 15 or 23/16 or 22 (tbd) New Guider training. Get 2/3 of your New Guider Training done in one day.
- Sept 29 Presentation Skills – Provincial training.
- Sept/Oct Emergency First Aid. Standard First Aid.
- Oct 19-21 (tbd) Fraser Skies Area Guider weekend
- Nov 3+4 (or Nov 17+18- tbd) Residential Camp training – learn how to effectively and safely plan to take girls to sleep in a building at camp