Girl Guides of Canada Fraser Skies Area values its members and wishes to promote personal development and empower members to be responsible citizens. To meet this goal Fraser Skies Area will offer five (5) bursaries, one exclusively for someone entering the trades, valued at $500 for young adult members who best fulfill the requirements set out in these guidelines. This bursary will be presented for financial assistance towards formal education in a field that will enhance the life of the recipient.
- The applicant must be a current member of Girl Guides in Fraser Skies Area and have been a registered member at least 3 years. She must be graduating from secondary school in 2022 or be between 18 and 24 years old. The applicant may not be a previous recipient of a Fraser Skies Area Scholarship Award.
- The applicant must be planning to attend a recognized post-secondary institution or education program (university, college, vocational institute or other recognized institute).
- The award is conditional upon acceptance at the institution of the applicant’s choice, and upon proof of registration from the institution indicating registration is complete.
- The award can be claimed up until September 30th two years after the year of receipt.
- The recipient must agree to have her name and photograph publicized.
Items to be included with the application form:
- An official transcript from a post-secondary institution or most recent report card.
- Letter from the applicant stating how Girl Guides has enriched her life.
- Reference letter from an adult member of Fraser Skies Area Girl Guides.
- Reference letter from an adult outside of Girl Guides of Canada.
- A detailed outline of your experiences / achievements within Girl Guides.
- A detailed list of service activities outside of Girl Guides of Canada.
- Post-secondary / career goals.
- Additional interests and activities.
Applications must be received by May 1, 2022 no exceptions.
Applications are to be emailed to: