Fraser Skies Area Bursaries:
Girl Guides of Canada Fraser Skies Area values its members and wishes to promote personal development and empower members to be responsible citizens. To meet this goal Fraser Skies Area will offer five (5) bursaries valued at $500 for young adult members who best fulfill the requirements set out in these guidelines, and one (1) bursary valued at $500 for adult members who are continuing their education. This bursary will be presented for financial assistance towards formal education in a field that will enhance the life of the recipient.
- The applicant must be a current member of Girl Guides in Fraser Skies Area and have been a registered member at least 3 years. She must be graduating from secondary school in the current year or be between 18 and 24 years old for the young adult bursaries and be an Adult member for the sixth. The applicant may not be a previous recipient of a Fraser Skies Area Bursary.
- The applicant must be planning to attend a recognized post-secondary institution or education program (university, college, vocational institute or another recognized institute).
- The award is conditional upon acceptance at the institution of the applicant’s choice, and upon proof of registration in the form of a receipt for fees or a letter from the institution indicating registration is complete and payment has been made.
- The award must be used by September 30th, two years after the year of receipt.
- The recipient should agree to have her name and photograph publicized.
Items to be included with the application form:
- An official transcript from a post-secondary institution or most recent report card.(for the young adult bursaries only)
- Letter from the applicant stating how guiding has enriched her life.
- Reference letter from an adult member of Girl Guides.
- An outline of your experiences within Girl Guides.
- Service activities outside of Girl Guides of Canada.
- Post-secondary / career goals.
- Additional interests and activities.
Applications must be received by May 1, 2023 no exceptions.
Applications are to be emailed to:
The awards email is not working please send all applications to the email above.