Come and Stay with us!
the camp is now open to unit meetings(all meeting are held outside)
Infromation For Covid 19- Camp McLanlin
Camp McLanlin – “On the Top of Beautiful Sumas Mountain”
5315 Willet Road, Abbotsford, BC
Caretakers: Andrew & Jeanette Lawn
Booking Agent: Robin Tulloch
Form for booking request of a meeting
To Book A Campsite:
All units must have a phone orientation prior to attending camp – even if you’ve been at Camp McLanlin before. Please return voicemail message if we miss you. ~ Camp McLanlin
Take the Whatcom Rd exit off Highway #1 and head north
turn right on McKee
left on Upper Sumas Mtn Rd.
turn left on Dawson and finally turn right on Willet Rd.
(There are street lamps all the way to the end of McKee Rd.)
Map to Camp
Take the Sumas Exit off Highway #1 and head north
turn right on Highway 11 (follow signs for Mission)
turn right on Clayburn Rd.
bear left on Straiton Rd. (after bridge)
turn left on Willet Rd to end.
Map to Camp – Alternate Route
Camp McLanlin also has the following available:
(Please let the caretaker know your order when you check-in.)
There are 5 sites at Camp McLanlin. Please select your desired location below for specific information regarding each site.
No open flame fires May 30 – September 30. Briquettes, box ovens, buddy burners are outdoor cooking options still allowed.
General Information for Camp McLanlin
Any group staying at Camp McLanlin must have a representative per site booked, be orientated to the site. That may be just a phone call for some, or it may include an onsite orientation. The representative must be in attendance for the duration of their camp and must be checked in and out by the Caretaker or their designate. Upon arrival at camp, an accurate participants list must be presented to the caretaker; including any resource people coming up for the day.
***No list, No keys***
Remember this camp belongs to all of us, please show respect when using it.
Check in is from 3:00 pm; if you are going to be later than 7:00 please call Andrew at 604-852-4158.
Please look for any damaged or missing items when checking in and report them to the caretaker immediately or there is a possibility that your unit will be charged.
Confirm time with caretaker at arrival what time the group would like to check out; Times are on a first come first served policy. Expect the checkout time to be between 20-30 minutes. At checkout time there should be two adults present (one being the check in person). All the girls (except those going home with these people) should be gone.
Make sure that everything is in its place (re-check if parents are cleaning) and the checkout sheet is completed
The site will be inspected by the Caretaker and approval must be given to release the damage deposits.
Units are responsible for any damage to the site (not caused by nature) and damaged or missing items present at time of check out, these will be charged on the invoice or taken from the damage deposit.
Camp McLanlin – Needs and Wishes
Are you wanting to do service work and help with the maintenance and development in keeping Camp McLanlin going? Here’s the list for you! Check it out. This list is in no particular order…! If you are interested and can help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you asap.
1) Saw downed trees into appropriate lengths for fire pits/wood stoves – specialized skill and equipment needed
2) Create new benches with sawn log pieces and lumber for designated spots – equipment needed
3) Split wood into appropriate sizes for the fire pits/wood stoves – specialized skill- may need your own equipment
4) Move wood sawn to appropriate wood sheds and stack – girl friendly
5) Pick up and burn in the fire pits, (Oct. 31- May 31 only) all fall down sticks/branches in and around each of the campsites- girl friendly – may need equipment to make the sticks smaller
6) Rake and prune back brush from any/all trails – girl friendly – equipment may be needed
7) Wash windows – girl friendly – equipment needed
8) Clean kitchen shelves – remove all dishes, wash down shelves and return to normal – girl friendly – equipment needed
9) Scrub kitchen floors in residences – girl friendly – equipment needed
10) Scrub main hall floor in Marion’s Manor – girl friendly – equipment needed
11) Wipe down baseboards in buildings – girl friendly – equipment needed
12) Wash all bunks (RR, MM, and Sherwood) with soap and water – girl friendly – equipment needed
13) Paint all wooden picnic benches – specialized equipment needed
14) Clean chapel/meditation area and chimes.
15) Create and put in place a new geo cache game
16) Create and put in place a new challenge game
17) Create and put in place a new “game in a box”
18) Create your own project – contact email@example.com maybe a one shot thing or regularly ongoing….!
19) Join the Camp McLanlin Committee as a working member….
· Currently pressing need for a Secretary
· Currently need a ‘service work’ liaison